FPV Transmitter Replacement
1. Power down the Alta.
2. Remove the defective FPV transmitter from the Alta. A defective transmitter may be discarded, it is not
3. Locate the TBS FPV transmitter replacement kit in the Alta Spare Parts bag which contains:
a. TBS FPV Transmitter with permanently mounted MMCX Antenna
b. TBS Alta FPV TX Cable with White Locking Connector
c. SMA-MMCX Antenna Adapter:
i. This adapter is not required for FPV replacement but is included to allow the spare SMA
antenna to be used. Retain for future use.
4. Install the TBS FPV transmitter on the mounting plate of the arm with the antenna facing out toward
the motor as shown below. Secure the transmitter using VHB tape and zip ties so that it cannot come loose.
5. If necessary, replace the Alta FPV TX cable:
a. Remove the Alta side panel between arms immediately to the left of the FPV transmitter.
b. Disconnect the incompatible or damaged FPV TX cable from the 3 x 2 pin connector inside the side panel. Carefully extract the cable, cutting zip ties if necessary.
c. Connect the compatible FPV TX cable to the 3 x 2 pin connector inside the side panel.
d. The TBS-compatible cables are much shorter than their predecessors. Route the cable to the
right and out between the upper and lower plate following the motor cables as shown below.
e. Connect the cable to the FPV transmitter until the locking tab clicks. Gently pull on the cable to
make sure it is secure.
f. Replace the side panel and use loctite to secure the screws.
1. Configuration of the TBS FPV TX itself is performed by SkySpecs prior to deployment and is not necessary in the field. For reference, the configuration settings may be found in the Troubleshooting
2. Power on the Alta and check that the LEDs illuminate on the new FPV transmitter.
3. Power on the FPV monitor and tune it to Band E CH 1.
4. Check FPV quality on the ground.
In rare cases it may be necessary to set the transmitter to another band to deconflict with another aircraft or
transmitter. If this is the case, it is important to change the transmitter back to Band E Channel 1 when no longer necessary.
Band and channel are most easily changed using the TBS Agent X software, VTX tab as described in the
Troubleshooting section below. These settings can also be changed using the button on the side of the FPV
transmitter. Refer to this excerpt from the TBS Unify Pro32 Manual. Remember to save and exit.
BUTTON MENU CONTROL
The menu consists of categories and settings. Pressing the button for 3 seconds will toggle between
categories, pressing it for a short time toggles between settings. To enter the menu, hold the button for 3
seconds. LED colors will signal the state of the menu, for an overview see the menu table.
CHANNEL SELECT MODE
Enter the menu by pressing the button for 3s. Red LED will flash 1 time. Select channels by simple short
BAND SELECT MODE
Press button for an additional 3s. Red LED will flash 2 times. Select the band by simple short presses.
UNLOCKING (FOR E BAND)
Power on the transmitter using a USB cable connected to a laptop.
1. Within 10 seconds after powering on, hold the button on the FPV transmitter for 3 seconds. After you
release you should see the LEDs alternating between 1 orange flashed and X blue flashes. This is the
Channel selection sub-menu.
2. Hold the button on the FPV transmitter for 3 more seconds. After you release you should see the LEDs
alternating between 2 orange flashes and X blue flashes. This is the Band selection sub-menu.
3. Hold the button for 25 seconds. After you release you should see the LEDs alternating between 3
orange flashes and X blue flashes. The transmitter should now be Unlocked.
4. Wait for both the orange and blue LED to turn on and remain solid. This means that your setting has
5. Power cycle the transmitter.
6. Connect to TBS Agent X application to set the band and channel as appropriate. The E band should
now be available.
(FOR HAM USERS ONLY!) Press the button for 20 to 25 seconds. The Red LED will flash 3 times to confirm.
You have unlocked the video transmitter for use with all frequencies (see frequency table below). NOTE:
Unlock only works if you are inside the band selection menu. The power select mode is now accessible. Once
unlocked, the power level may be selected according to the
table below. To lock the transmitter, go back into the band select menu and press the button for 20 to 25
SAVE AND EXIT
Press the button for 3 seconds. Blue LED will turn on, settings are saved and it will exit the menu.
TUNING FPV MONITOR
1. Press the Power button to enter the main menu.
2. Use the up/down arrows to select one of the 3 receiver modes, DIV, RX1, or RX2 and press the M button.
3. Use the up/down arrows to highlight the appropriate band, E, and then press the power button to go
back to the main menu.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to ensure that all 3 receiver modes, DIV, RX1, and RX2, are all set to the
appropriate band, E.
5. Press the power button to exit the main menu.
6. Press the M button to cycle through the input modes. MODE: DIV should appear in the top left of the
7. Use the +/- buttons to cycle through the channels, displayed at the top of the screen.