Occasionally, individual users will need access to multiple customer accounts' inspection data in Horizon. This can occur for several types of users:
- Individuals at vendor organizations that complete repairs for multiple wind operators
- Individuals within wind organizations that have inspections stored in separate accounts based on geographic region, e.g. Europe and USA.
- Any individuals that review data for multiple customer accounts simultaneously
Horizon has a feature that enables an individual user to switch between organization/regional customer accounts and have access to all of the required data through their Horizon login. To use this "switcher" feature, use the following steps as a guide:
- If you need access to multiple customer accounts of data, contact the SkySpecs Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. Once your request has been approved by the appropriate stakeholders, the team will enable the "switcher" feature and access to the data in the selected customer accounts. Note: A single wind organization may have multiple "customer accounts" divided by region. If your organization has separate accounts for data in different regions, e.g. Canada, USA, Europe, you may will need the switcher feature enabled to have access to all of these regions data from the same Horizon account.
- Make sure that you have the "switcher" feature enabled. First, locate the name of the customer account that you are currently viewing. This is located to the left of your personal profile username in the top right of the application. You should see the customer account name listed in blue text if the "switcher" feature is enabled, as shown in the image below.
- To use the "switcher" feature to change customer accounts (or customer regions), hover your cursor over the customer account name. A drop down of available customer accounts should appear. Select the customer account you would like to view. In this case, the user is currently in the account "Liberty Solutions" and chooses to switch to "Arcola Energy" by clicking this in the drop down.
- The Horizon application will update to the new customer account when clicking a different customer account from the drop down. In this case, we have switched to the Arcola Energy account, and the data from this account will now populate the rest of the application. Note: Since the account shown in the example below is a collaborator account, we are only able to view Work Orders in Arcola Energy. If however, you have read or edit access to a customer account, all of the associated Horizon features and data will be available, including inspection view, fleet view, etc.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to email@example.com.