We are pleased to provide our customers with answers to the most commonly asked questions about SkySpecs and the services we provide. We have organized these FAQs into 5 categories for your convenience. Still need additional information? Click here to contact SkySpecs. We’ll respond within 24 hours.
Range of Services
- Can I buy one of your drones?
- As a general rule, we do not currently sell our drone hardware. However, wind energy owners, operators, OEMs, or ISPs interested in “self-operating” our drone system at-scale should reach out to SkySpecs for more information.
- Who conducts the inspections?
- SkySpecs will send a highly-qualified and well-trained drone operator (or more than one for large sites) to the wind farm with our equipment to complete the inspection data capture. We have a combination of full-time employees and trusted, incredibly-experienced partners that we work with to accomplish inspections around the world.
- Do you conduct other types of inspections?
- SkySpecs primarily inspects wind turbine blades. In special circumstances, we may be available to inspect wind turbine towers, blade failures, transmission lines, etc. Please reach out to SkySpecs for more information if you are interested in discussing our non-standard inspection options. You may contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is Horizon a part of the inspection package?
- The basic functionality of Horizon is available to all of our inspection customers. Please contact us to set up a call about how Horizon can become a critical part of your O&M decision making at email@example.com
- What if I have my own operators or my own drone?
The SkySpecs inspection solution is a specialized system. Only SkySpecs hardware and operators are used for the inspections.
- In what countries can you conduct drone inspections?
- SkySpecs has completed inspections in over two dozen countries across five continents. Please contact SkySpecs to discuss any geographical constraints. Our ability to enter new geographies will depend on several commercial considerations. You may contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you available for offshore inspections too?
Yes, SkySpecs has completed thousands of offshore wind turbine inspections at dozens of offshore wind farms across Europe. We are also able to provide our own vessel for independent on-site operations.
- Do you supply the technician for inspections?
Yes, SkySpecs provides a highly qualified operator for both onshore and offshore inspections.