We are pleased to provide our customers with answers to the most commonly asked questions about SkySpecs and the services we provide. We have organized these FAQs into 5 categories for your convenience. Still need additional information? Click here to contact SkySpecs. We’ll respond within 24 hours.
- What are your wind speed and temperature limitations?
- For wind speeds: The SkySpecs drone system can operate in 15 m/s steady winds with gusts up to 18 m/s. For temperatures: Generally speaking, SkySpecs can operate between 14F (-10C) and 110F (43C), thought the exact range depends on other factors – this is a personnel safety limitation, not a drone system limitation.
- What kind of support does SkySpecs need from our technicians?
- It depends on the specific limitations of the wind farm and wind turbines. Generally speaking, SkySpecs drone operators will stop and position wind turbines themselves for each inspection and don’t require local site technician support. However, some wind farms have other personnel requirements related to turbine access privileges or other contractual constraints that do not allow SkySpecs personnel to enter the turbines. Additionally, site technician support may be required for up-tower pinning if the particular turbine is not able to be braked from down-tower. Please contact SkySpecs for more information if you have questions about your specific site. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do the blades have to be stopped for the inspection?
- Yes, the rotor must be stopped. If a brake can be applied from down-tower (or remotely), then that is preferred. However, some turbines do not have this capability and may require up-tower stopping, or even up-tower pinning. Please contact SkySpecs for more information if you have questions about your specific site.